A compilation of the most frequently asked questions about creating a brokerage website from our clients. TradingWebsite has been developing investment-themed websites since 2015. If you need a professional broker’s site that attracts Forex clients, please contact our team leader or write to [email protected].
Why is it important to set up an economic calendar on a broker’s website?
In trading on financial markets, knowledge is power. Events and data such as interest rate decisions, employment reports, or inflation indicators can strongly affect the market. However, without access to an economic calendar, traders may miss important market events.
The solution to this problem is simple — add an economic calendar to your brokerage website. Trusted and reliable services for adding an economic calendar to a site include Econoday, Forex Factory, and Investing.com. These services provide detailed and current data that will help your clients stay up-to-date with the most important economic events.
Here are several services that provide economic calendar widgets:
- ✅ TradingView Economic Calendar: https://ru.tradingview.com/widget/economic-calendar/
- ✅ Investing.com Economic Calendar: https://www.investing.com/webmaster-tools/economic-calendar
- ✅ Forex Factory Economic Calendar: https://www.forexfactory.com/calendar
- ✅ Econoday Economic Calendar: https://www.econoday.com/byweek.asp
- ✅ Myfxbook Economic Calendar: https://www.myfxbook.com/forex-economic-calendar
- ✅ FXStreet Economic Calendar: https://www.fxstreet.com/economic-calendar
- ✅ Metaquotes Economic Calendar: https://www.mql5.com/en/economic-calendar
- ✅ DailyFX Economic Calendar: https://www.dailyfx.com/calendar
- ✅ MarketPulse Economic Calendar: https://www.marketpulse.com/economic-events/
- ✅ TeleTrader Economic Calendar: https://www.teletrader.com/calendar/overview
How to understand WHY customers do not open accounts on a broker’s website?
Let’s look at the main reasons why visitors do not open accounts on a broker’s website:
- Complex registration. If opening an account on your site is a difficult task, clients may leave. Simplify the account registration and opening process by removing unnecessary steps from the form and make the fields in the form as understandable as possible.
- Lack of trust. Potential clients may doubt your reliability as a financial broker. Solve this problem by demonstrating reviews from satisfied clients, licenses, awards, partners, and a compelling company history on your site.
- Insufficient information. Before investing funds in the market, clients want to know who they will be dealing with. Provide detailed information about your company, trading conditions, mission, contacts, training, etc.
- Poor web design. Ensure your brokerage site looks professional. If the site looks outdated or is difficult to navigate, it will deter potential clients.
- Lack of technical support. Provide clients with access to support specialists who understand how your trading platform works. In a world where 33% of users prefer to communicate with brands via social media rather than by phone (according to Hubspot data), it’s important to ensure diverse communication channels. If a site visitor has a question, they should be able to get a quick and quality answer.
Simplify the registration process, create a trustworthy atmosphere, provide enough information about yourself, improve your website’s design, and strengthen support — these are the main ways to retain a client in the financial market.
How to attract clients to a broker using a website when there’s no budget for paid advertising
Implement these tips in practice to attract new clients without additional costs:
- Create quality content. Start a blog with relevant articles about trading on financial markets, publish educational materials and market analytics. Quality content will not only attract more traffic to your site but will also strengthen its authority in the eyes of clients and search engines.
- Optimize the website for search engines. Make sure your site contains the keywords that traders use to search for information online. This will increase the organic traffic to the site.
- Use email marketing. An email collector is a powerful tool for direct contact with your clients. Regular distribution of useful news, articles, and offers will help maintain interest in your site and attract new clients.
- Conduct webinars or online training. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate your expertise, engage the audience, and attract new clients. Webinars can be announced in advance on the website, through email newsletters, and on social networks.
- Optimize the registration form. Simplify the process of opening a trading account on the broker’s website. The less time and effort the client spends on registration, the greater the chances that they will stay with you.
Why lack of reviews on a broker’s website repels new clients
There are many ways to become a successful broker, among them one similarity: a lack of reviews on a site is a red flag for potential customers. Why is this so important?
- Trust. Reviews help new customers learn about your service, your drawbacks and advantages, and ultimately decide whether to invest their money through your platform or go to another broker.
- Reviews protect your brand. A negative review is not always bad. If you have a problem-solving system that is reflected in your response to the review, it shows your care for customers.
- Social proof. Reviews reinforce your authority and the stable development of your company. Social proof works: 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
How to use the power of reviews to your advantage? Engage your current customers, ask them to leave reviews, offer small incentives. It seems like a small step, but the results may surprise you. More reviews lead to greater trust, more trust — to a larger number of new customers. Remember, reviews are a dialogue with your customers, which lays the foundation for the sustainable growth of your trading business.
Don’t forget: your customers speak even when they are silent. Their reviews are a powerful tool for attracting new customers.
Use them wisely.
Slow website = slow business (why website load speed affects broker’s profit?)
«Slow website equals slow business.» There’s nothing more irritating for a trader than a slow loading speed of a broker’s website. But why is this so important? Let’s figure it out.
- Loss of customers. If your site takes more than 3 seconds to load, 53% of users are likely to leave it within the next few seconds, (according to Google statistics). This means you will lose more than half of potential customers before they see any information about the company or the trading platform.
- Problems with promotion in Google. Your site risks losing high search positions in the search results. Search engines like Google use website loading speed as an important ranking factor. A slow website leads to a drop in search results, which reduces the visibility of your broker’s website and cuts potential traffic.
One way to improve your website’s speed is to optimize images. Use image compression and lazy loading to reduce the amount of data loaded on the first visit to the site. This is a simple step that can significantly improve your website’s performance.
Bad content equals bad reputation: why low-quality content drives customers away
«Bad content equals bad reputation» might sound like a soulful cry for many brokers striving to stand out online. But how important is the quality of content, and how does it affect customer attraction?
The fact is, in the era of digitalization, where potential clients have instant access to a vast amount of data, the quality of content directly affects the choice of your company or your competitor.
According to a HubSpot study, 61% of internet users claim to trust companies that publish high-quality content more. Interestingly, this fact influences their purchasing decision (in the case of a broker — to open a trading account and fund it).
Low-quality content deters potential customers and harms the reputation of the brokerage company. Text errors, inaccurate information, complex language — all this creates an impression of unprofessionalism. And instead of attracting customers, you risk losing them.
Yes, creating quality content requires time and resources. You will need expert traders or authors with knowledge of financial markets. Besides, expert content will improve your visibility in search engines, increase user engagement, and undoubtedly strengthen your brand. Most importantly, it will convert visitors to your website into customers.
Remember: your customers deserve the best. Don’t let bad content be the reason they leave.
Does your forex website lack responsive design? That means your clients are likely elsewhere already
Let’s look at the numbers. According to Statista, 52.2% of internet traffic in 2021 came from mobile devices. If your brokerage website is not yet mobile-friendly, your business could be in serious danger.
Potential clients who open the site from a smartphone or tablet will encounter problems of non-adaptive website design: tiny fonts, incorrect display of elements, slow page loading.
Imagine that visitors come to your site and encounter unclear buttons, slow page loading, and illogical placement of graphic elements. What are the chances they will stay and go through the registration in the trader’s cabinet, not to mention opening an account? Most likely, they will move on to a competitor who has already taken care of integrating a mobile version of the site.
The era of traditional desktop computers is fading, and the era of mobile devices is gaining momentum. Your brokerage site should follow the modern trend. Responsive design is not just a question of aesthetics, it’s a matter of convenience and trust for your clients.
How forex brokers can attract clients through their website — 10 methods used by popular brokers
- Financial widgets. Add widgets to the home page with up-to-date information about the markets, such as a quotes ticker or an economic calendar. Next to it, place a quick register or login button. Example: Dukascopy Bank uses high-quality financial widgets to attract customers — https://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/russian/marketwatch/main/
- SEO optimization. Plan an SEO strategy to promote your broker website, considering traders’ interests. Besides basic optimization, include regional queries to attract clients from specific countries or even cities. Example: IG Group actively uses local SEO — https://www.ig.com/ie/markets/forex
- Educational content. Post educational materials on your site — articles, videos, webinars. This will help clients improve their skills and increase their loyalty to the company. Example: Forex.com offers educational courses for beginners and professionals — https://www.forex.com/en-us/trading-academy/webinars/
- Blog with expert articles. Publish articles from professionals with current market analytics and trading advice. Example: Saxo Bank has its own blog with extensive market analysis — https://www.home.saxo/insights
- Affiliate program. Launch an affiliate program that will allow your partners to earn money by attracting new clients. Example: Pepperstone has a successful affiliate program — https://pepperstonepartners.com/
- Newsletter subscription. Set up a mail distribution with regular notifications about new promotions and company news. Direct subscribers to your website, where they can find more useful information. Example: Admiral Markets keeps customers updated through their newsletter — https://admiralmarkets.com/about-us/contact-us
- Promotions and bonuses. Offer traders special promotions and bonuses available only through your brokerage website. Example: Alpari often runs promo campaigns for its customers — https://alpari.com/en/promo_bonus/
- Targeted advertising. Use targeted advertising to attract the most engaged website visitors. Example: Etoro uses social media advertising to grab customer attention — https://www.etoro.com/
- Lead magnets. Offer traders free trading guides and books in exchange for their contact information. Example: Plus500 offers a free academy for novice traders — https://www.plus500.com/en-FI/TradingAcademy
- Demo accounts. Offer free demo accounts for traders to familiarize themselves with your platform and services before opening a real account. This gives them the opportunity to test strategies without risk. Example: OANDA offers demo trading for customers to try — https://www.oanda.com/
Without Updates and Improvements: How Brokers Become Outdated Along with Their Websites
Take a moment and look at your brokerage website through the eyes of a potential client. Are the services you describe on the site really up-to-date and in line with modern market demands? If not, you may lose clients and profits.
Today, clients are looking for more than just reliability and safety. They want a fast and intuitive service. An outdated website design, a confusing interface, the absence of a mobile version, or a description of the trading platform — all of this can deter new clients. They will simply switch to a broker that offers a more modern service.
Investing in a website update is an investment in the future of your brokerage business. A modern design, a convenient interface, up-to-date tools, and information will help you attract new clients. Remember, your website is the face of your business on the internet, and it needs to be top-notch.
How «Blurry» Trading Conditions on the Broker’s Website Deter Clients
People want to understand where they are investing their money. They want to see clear and precise trading conditions from the broker — the size of spreads, leverage, commissions, account types, and so on. Many brokers prefer to hide their conditions under the carpet of general promises about «beneficial» trading conditions. This is a mistake.
According to a report by Finance Feeds, 70% of traders decide which broker to work with based on the trading conditions offered to them. If your trading conditions do not provide useful information for the trader, you can say goodbye to a significant portion of potential clients visiting your site.
Conduct an audit of your website and make sure all trading conditions are detailed and easily accessible for viewing. Don’t forget to update the information on the site.
Be transparent. Be precise. Be honest. And your client base will grow.
No Demo Accounts on Your Brokerage Website? Congratulations! You’re Cutting Your Profits
By refusing to offer demo accounts on your brokerage website, you are missing out on potential profits. In the world of trading, where risk and uncertainty play a significant role, demo accounts allow traders to explore the trading platform and test trading conditions in practice without risking real money. This gives them confidence that they can trust your services, which is important for creating long-term relationships.
Therefore, demo accounts are one of the key tools for attracting traders, especially beginners.
According to Finance Magnates, having demo accounts on a brokerage website can double conversion. This means you could have twice as many clients just by offering them demo accounts!
Demo accounts not only attract new clients but also reinforce trust in the broker. Don’t limit your possibilities. Use demo accounts wisely.
Why Traders Leave Brokerage Websites… That Use Poor Web Design
Imagine a trader visiting your brokerage website, ready to register in the trader’s cabinet and open an account on the trading platform. However, the trader stumbles upon an inconvenient website interface, spends a few minutes trying to figure out how to open an account or what trading conditions the broker provides, and then… they close the tab.
Your brokerage website is the showcase of your business. If you’re using an outdated website design (or a poorly constructed, inconvenient site), you won’t be able to attract clients.
When the design of your site supports your brand, it helps grow your customer base. But when the site design doesn’t meet expectations, traders quickly switch to other brokers.
A professional broker’s website should not look like a «garden scarecrow.» Turn to web designers and developers with experience creating brokerage websites. Prioritize user convenience and make your site a place where traders want to return.
Why Brokers Lose Clients By Ignoring Search Engine Optimization
Many brokers, especially newcomers to the industry, ignore SEO (search engine optimization). According to BrightEdge, about 68% of the world’s online traffic comes to sites from search engines. This means that neglecting SEO can become a real disaster for your business.
Ignore SEO, and your site will become invisible in the world of the internet. Potential clients will not be able to find you. Do you want them to see your unique trading platform, your favorable terms? Give them that opportunity, optimize your site for search engines.
According to Backlinko, the first five results on Google receive 67% of all clicks. If you’re not in the top, you’re losing clients, and therefore, profit.
Most of your competitors are already using SEO to attract traffic from Google. If you’re not doing this, know that they’re taking away your potential clients.
So don’t ignore SEO. Turn your site into a powerful marketing tool that doesn’t just «exist,» but actively attracts and retains clients. Remember: SEO is not an expense, it’s an investment in the future of your business.
What’s the main difference between a multi-page broker’s website and a landing page?
A multi-page broker’s website is like a shopping mall full of various stores and services, while a landing page is a unique boutique where the focus is all on one exclusive product.
A multi-page website offers a wide range of trading information, from charts and quotes to educational materials and blogs. This type of site allows traders to delve deeper into the world of trading.
A landing page is designed for one purpose: to convince a visitor to perform a specific action, such as opening an account. Such a site emphasizes the advantages of one product (the broker’s trading platform).
Thus, if you want to offer traders a variety of information and services, a multi-page website is your choice. However, if the goal is to quickly and effectively convert site visitors into customers, a landing page would be the best solution.
Why use financial widgets on a broker’s website?
Financial widgets on a Forex website play a significant role in attracting and retaining customers. They are kind of magnets for traders. Why? Because they provide traders with real-time market data: stock quotes, currency pairs, charts, and financial news.
Think about how you use your smartphone. If you have apps that you check frequently, you will most likely keep them on the main screen. Widgets on a broker’s site work in the same way. They offer traders quick access to important information right on the broker’s site, which makes it more valuable for visitors.
Using widgets on a brokerage site is an investment in convenience for traders, which ultimately leads to an increase in the number of quality leads.
5 ways to attract customers with a brokerage website
- Attractive and functional design. The site should look modern, and be convenient and understandable for the user.
- Educational content. Provide traders with useful information about the market, technical analysis, and trading strategies.
- Demo account. Allow potential clients to try trading without the risk of losing real money.
- Reviews and ratings. Check reviews about your company on the internet. Try to respond to most of the reviews. Respond to negative reviews first to increase the trust of potential customers.
- Bonuses and promotions. Offer new clients welcome bonuses (credit the bonus to the trading account) or conduct regular promotions and contests for traders. Publish information about the events on the site in the “Company News” section or on a separate page.
Why don’t customers want to open a trading account on a broker’s website?
When a trader opens a brokerage website, they expect to see a convenient and understandable interface where everything is done for their comfort. But brokers, especially beginners, often make mistakes when creating a site that push traders away.
For example, the site loads very slowly. This is irritating. Speed in the world of trading is very important, and nobody wants to waste time viewing information on the site.
A complex and confusing account registration process also deters traders. The simpler and faster it is to open an account, the more likely a trader will do it.
The absence of important information about how to work with the trading platform can confuse a trader. They may think, «If I’ve encountered a problem here, what will happen next?».
And of course, the issue of security is important. If a trader feels that their personal data will end up with a broker who uses a poor-quality website, they will not open an account.
In general, a trader is a website user just like everyone else. If the site is inconvenient, slow, unclear, or unsafe, the user will simply leave.
Choosing a hosting for a Forex website is an important task
The quality of the hosting directly affects the performance of the site, its speed and security. Here are five tips to help you choose a quality hosting for your Forex project:
- Reliability. Continuous server operation is the main criterion when choosing a hosting. High uptime (uninterrupted server operation) provides stable access for traders to the site. According to Hosting Tribunal research, even 0.1% server downtime per year can lead to a loss of several thousand dollars.
- Speed. Google confirms that a 200 millisecond delay can reduce site visits by 20%. A powerful high-performance server ensures fast loading of website pages. This is important for traders who are used to getting the fastest access to information.
- Security. Automatic backup and protection of the site from DDoS attacks will increase the reliability of your resource. According to Verisign, 34% of companies were subjected to DDoS attacks in 2020.
- Technical support. 24/7 support will help to quickly resolve issues with the site operation.
- Scalability. Your brokerage business will grow, so you should have the ability to expand your hosting capabilities. At a minimum, you need to increase the server’s file storage and allowable CPU load.
What is important when creating a brokerage site
- Purpose. Define clear goals and objectives for your site. First and foremost, the site must satisfy the needs of traders.
- Design. Create an intuitive and modern design. Remember that a huge part of the traffic comes from mobile devices.
- Functionality. Focus on convenience. Implement the functionality of opening trading accounts on the site, provide traders with technical analysis tools, add the ability to open demo accounts.
- Security. Protect the privacy of client data. Use an SSL certificate, ReCAPTCHA, protect the admin panel of the site, etc.
- SEO and content. Don’t forget about SEO optimization, publish content on the site that will be useful to customers. Financial articles and news will attract the attention of traders and increase their trust in the company.
- Testing. Do not launch the site without large-scale testing. Errors in the site’s operation can push customers away.