Here, you will learn how to create a Forex website using a premium WordPress template. This step-by-step guide is designed for Forex brokers who want to get a website quickly and without extra cost. Send this guide to your web developer, try to create the site yourself, or contact TradingWebsite Company to create a modern Forex website filled with content for you.
First, we will discuss the ways to create a Forex website. After that, we will step-by-step cover the launching of a brokerage site from domain settings to uploading necessary legal documents to the site.
We will skip the trading platform assembly stage and only talk about the website needed by a Forex broker for advertising their services. Find out which trading platform to choose and how to launch it from the official developer of the trading platform.
Ways to Create a Forex Website
The process of creating a Forex website hardly differs from the process of creating a regular website. Therefore, there are many ways to develop a Forex website, here are the most popular ones:
- Forex website development from scratch. You need to create design layouts (done by a web designer), create HTML, and integrate the layout into the WordPress CMS (or another CMS system, for example, ModX or Bitrix).
- Website constructor. The Forex site is assembled using a site constructor like WIX, Tilda, Webflow in a visual editor.
- Premium WordPress template. Buy a ready-made template on the topic of Forex, investments, etc. (this can be done on the ThemeForest website), install the template on a WordPress site, and fill it with your content.
- HTML. Assemble the pages of the Forex site using HTML templates downloaded from the internet.
- Social network site. You can create a very simple site using social networking features (for example, Facebook allows you to use a business page for this purpose).
Each of these methods has its pros and cons.
Forex website development from scratch requires significant financial investments and takes a lot of time from the web developer. But such a site has a cool design and a well-thought-out page structure.
The site constructor is bad in that most templates are not suitable for Forex projects, so you have to spend some time assembling the site and only then fill it with content. But you can assemble a Forex site on a constructor faster than developing it from scratch.
The HTML and social network site options are not serious ways to create a website for a Forex broker. HTML is a thing of the past, and it’s impossible to create a full-fledged informational trading resource on social networks, which is necessary for traders.
The main advantages of a premium WordPress template for a Forex broker are the speed of creating a site and a low budget. The only downside is the non-unique design of the site. Although this problem can be solved with additional work — assign a task to the web developer to change the images and color scheme on the site.
What is a WordPress Template for a Forex Website?
A WordPress template is a ready-made design for a website created on WordPress CMS. There are free and paid WordPress templates. Free templates usually have reduced functionality. Paid templates, otherwise known as premium templates, have a more quality design, extended functionality, and therefore, look more attractive.
For a Forex broker, a premium WordPress template on finance, consulting, business, and startups would be suitable. But the best fit would be templates on the topic of Forex (there are such, but few) and cryptocurrencies, as such templates often have integration with online currency quotes, financial news, and other analytical tools popular among traders.
Step 1. Choose a WordPress Template
To start developing a Forex website, choose a suitable premium WordPress template and buy it. Most often, Forex brokers buy premium WordPress templates in the online stores themeforest.net or elements.envato.com.
When choosing a premium template, pay attention to the following recommendations:
- Check the rating of the premium template in the online store and reviews.
- Find out how often the premium template provider releases updates (if the template is not updated at least once a year, your site may become outdated or stop working altogether in a few years).
- The page load speed is very important, as traders do not like slow sites and prefer to work with fast Forex sites. Check the site’s speed by opening all the site’s pages.
- Check if the template provider offers the ability to download demo content. This means that after installing the premium template, you won’t spend time creating a site layout. After loading the demo content, the page structure will be ready, you will only need to change the content and delete unnecessary pages.
We recently conducted a large-scale study of premium WordPress templates suitable for Forex brokers. Check it out here, maybe this way you will quicker determine the suitable WordPress template for your financial project.
Buy the template you like in the online store and move on to the next step.
Step 2. Buy and Configure a Domain
Buy a domain from a company that provides domain registration services. It’s better to buy a domain from a large international company. This will protect you from fraud or technical problems. For example, many of our clients buy domains on the site www.godaddy.com. It is the largest domain registrar in the world with quality service, which carefully protects the confidentiality of its clients.
Now go to the DNS settings of your domain and specify the IP address of the hosting (or server) where your Forex website will be located.
If you do not have hosting, VPS, or a dedicated server, familiarize yourself with the list of internet services that Forex brokers usually choose to launch a website.
Also, think about the security of your site. Register an account on CloudFlare and delegate domain management to this service. This way, you will get a reliable SSL certificate and domain proxying, which will securely protect your site from a mid-level hacker attack. If you don’t know how to do this, contact the technical support staff of TradingWebsite.
What else do you need to know about the domain for a Forex project?
In a year, the domain name will need to be renewed, so we recommend activating automatic card payment in Godaddy settings.
If your Forex project will be visited by several thousand visitors a day, it is better to rent a VPS or a dedicated server, because regular virtual hosting will not withstand heavy loads. Remember, uninterrupted operation of the equipment is very important — clients will not open an account in the trading platform if your Forex site is unavailable.
To reduce equipment costs, ask the trading platform developer if they will allow you to store the website on their server. If so, point the domain to the developer’s IP address.
Step 3. Install WordPress on Hosting or Server
This is the easiest part of creating a Forex website.
Install CMS WordPress on your equipment. Find out how to do this by reading one of the many instructions on the Internet.
In short, here’s what you need to do:
- Download the archive with CMS system files from the official WordPress website (wordpress.org), then unpack the archive on the hosting/server.
- Create a database for the site.
- Launch the site installation wizard, fill in all the settings.
Step 4. Install the Premium Template
Download the archive with the WordPress premium template from the online store (the template must already be purchased). Follow the provider’s instructions to install the template on your site. In short, you need to upload the template archive to the administration panel of your site, and then, activate the template in the settings.
Step 5. Create pages on the forex website
To create a structure for your forex website, consider the following page examples:
- Home page — The main page of the forex website where you provide a brief overview of your brokerage company and trading platform. It’s recommended to include financial widgets and market news on this page.
- Trading platform — Provide comprehensive information about the advantages of your trading platform. Clients can download the trader terminal (e.g., MetaTrader) and proceed to the trader’s personal cabinet to register an account and open a trading account.
- Trading conditions — Detail the types of accounts and specifications of trading instruments (currencies, stocks, indices, etc.) and other relevant information for traders regarding the trading conditions offered by the forex dealer.
- Analytics — Typically, this page features an economic calendar, real-time online asset charts, live quotes, and other forex widgets. Traders particularly appreciate financial widgets like TradingView.
- Market news — Display an up-to-date news feed with financial news from around the world. You can install a financial news widget like Investing on this page.
- About the company — Provide a detailed overview of the brokerage, including its history, key figures, advantages, license information, and other important details.
- Documents — Include AML (Anti-Money Laundering) policies, Client Agreement, Risk Disclosure, and other legal documents that are mandatory for a forex website.
- Company news — This page serves as a platform for the broker to publish notifications to traders regarding changes in trading, holiday events, and bonus promotions.
- Education — Offer webinars, articles, FAQs, and other educational content targeting novice traders and investment topics.
- Contact — Display the contact information for the brokerage company, including phone numbers, office address, technical support email, and a contact form.
Before creating the page structure for your project, we recommend studying the sections of several major forex websites (e.g., www.alpari.org) to gather interesting examples.
It would be great if your premium WordPress template supports demo content import. This way, you won’t need to spend time designing the website from scratch. By importing the demo content, you can save several hours of meticulous work, and you’ll only need to fill the website with your own content.
Step 6. Fill the Forex Website with Content
After the website pages are created, they need to be filled with content. It is important to write texts tailored for a brokerage company’s website. If you need help, the professional copywriters at TradingWebsite will create content for your Forex project in a short time.
So, here’s how to properly fill a Forex website with content:
- Create a Google Docs or Word document
- Write down the page structure you came up with at the previous step in the document
- Explore other websites of major Forex brokers to find content ideas (pay attention to headlines, slogans, images, trading platform advertising, widgets, etc.)
- Write texts for the main page of the Forex website. For example, when entering the page, the user will see a welcoming slogan, an image of a financial exchange (or a laptop with a trading platform mockup), and a button leading to registration in the trading platform. This will be the first screen of the main page. On the second screen, you can place information about the company’s benefits, on the third — a list of trading instruments, on the fourth — information about the trading platform, etc. Remember, it is better to briefly talk about something on the main page of the site (about the company, about the product, about analytics, etc.), and place more detailed information on the secondary pages of the site.
- Write texts for the secondary pages of the Forex website (just like you did for the main page).
Don’t forget to format headlines in the H1, H2, H3, and so forth format so as not to disrupt the site layout when transferring content. Also, we recommend immediately creating texts for TITLE and DESCRIPTION for all pages in accordance with SEO rules. This will help your Forex project in the future to get free traffic from Google and other search engines.
The more pages with useful content you create, the more attractive your site will seem to potential customers. The design of the Forex website is also important — traders are used to technologically advanced sites, where, in addition to information about the broker and trading platform, you can find other useful trading tools: online quotes, trader’s calculator, economic calendar, financial news, trading tips, and more.
After you fill the site with content, check each page of the site for errors. It’s better to do this right away, and not wait until customers do it for you.
Step 7. Check the Operation of the Forex Website Using a Checklist
Do not rush to launch the Forex website into operation and attract clients.
Use a special website checking checklist that we have created specifically for Forex brokers. You can consider the site ready for work if you have managed to perform the following settings:
- The website is installed on the domain
- The website opens on a secure connection (HTTPS), and a redirect from HTTP to HTTPS is also set up
- There are no less than 10 pages on the Forex website
- Links to the trading platform are correctly set up on the Forex website: desktop application, mobile application, web version of the trading platform, trader’s personal account, etc.
- The contact form works and sends emails from the site
- Mandatory legal documents are posted on the website
- There are no errors in the adaptive version of the website
- Financial widgets work correctly
- Links to secondary pages are correctly written in the site header and footer
- A risk notification is posted on the website
- The latest copyright is installed
- The contact information of the brokerage company is correctly filled out
- TITLE and DESCRIPTION are written for each page of the Forex website.
If your Forex website contains information for citizens of a country where Forex is banned, we advise restricting access to the site for citizens of these countries. This can be done by setting a restriction by IP address. If you do not do this, the government of the country where Forex is banned may block the domain of your project. Although most Forex brokers ignore this rule (in hopes of gaining more clients) and often simply change the site address after the block. But this is a temporary solution that negatively affects clients.
Trust the Creation of a Forex Website to Professionals
We know that most novice Forex business brokers create low-quality websites. This is primarily due to a lack of budget. A broker without a client base cannot afford to buy a professional website because they have to incur large costs to purchase and rent an expensive trading platform.
However, this is fundamentally the wrong decision. A quality Forex website with a unique and modern design, in addition to its informational task, helps to achieve the main goals of a broker:
- Attract potential customers
- Retain current clients
- Increase the % of registrations and account openings
- Motivate clients to invest in new products.
Trust the creation of a Forex website to the team of professional developers at TradingWebsite. We have been developing trading-themed websites since 2015 and have launched several hundred projects during this time. Contact our team lead to get started.